Jane’s Kit 74
FLADBURY (RE) CONNECTS but…..
because of extension of the government’s road map, reconnection will not be on 3 and 4 July, when the restrictions in place at the moment will still be in place.
This means that the Saturday party on the Green, the Sunday morning gathering on the Green and the Barbeque at the Ounsteds will not be allowed. It has therefore been decided that all the officially planned weekend events – the above and open gardens, the art exhibition in the Hall, craft and flower displays in the Church and table top sales – are postponed until if and when a new date is agreed, perhaps with the same or similar events or some different events – or a whole new way of reconnecting! If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know and I will share them with the planning group.
Love Jane X – email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 860531
Tomorrow Friday 18 June – Chicken cooked in a mushroom sauce served with rice, vegetables and potatoes – £9
FATHER’S DAY Sunday 20 June – Lunch and Afternoon Tea
LUNCH – Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding OR Roast loin of Pork and apple sauce, both served with fresh vegetables and potatoes – £9 per meal + Sunday desserts – Lemon meringue roulade OR Chocolate and vanilla cheesecake OR Homemade Bramley apple pie, all served with cream – £4 each
AFTERNOON TEA – £12
TO ORDER any of the above, please contact Carol-Anne and Nigel on 07866 670472
Sunday 20th June
9.30am at St James’Church, Bishampton – A Morning Service
11.00am at St John the Baptist’ Church, Fladbury – Service of Holy Communion
Sunday 27th June at 11.00am at St John the Baptist’ Church, Fladbury – A Morning Service
All our churches are open daily from 10.00am to 4.00pm for individual private prayer. We hope you will find comfort in your visit.
Sarah, Parish Wardens and Wardens
FLADBURY PARISH COUNCIL
- Meeting this coming Monday 21 June at 7pm in the Pavilion.
- Ultrafast Fibre Broadband – to register, visit the village website fladburyvillage.co.uk/ultrafast/register.html . It will cost you NOTHING but we need to demonstrate that we have a majority of the local residents and businesses behind the scheme to move to the next stage. Neighbouring villages are already well down this road.
Ian Southcott – Chair, tel: 861061, email: email@example.com
FLADBURY CRICKET CLUB
In the only game to take place last weekend Fladbury, batting first, struggled to a total of 142 for 8 – a disappointing performance despite a brave 44 not out from an injured Nick Mytton. The total proved too small in the end however with Tanworth running out winners in the 39th over for the loss of 5 wickets.
Next Saturday 19 June, Fladbury travel to Southam for a fixture in the Cotswold Hills league, while on Sunday 20 June they have a much shorter trip to close neighbours Elmley Castle with a start time of 2pm.
Pete Sudlow, tel 860335
Information Provided Centre Using V-Base Page 2
FLADBURY VILLAGE HALL…..
is now open. Bookings can be made in line with the government guidelines – please contact Andy and Jane Davies on 01386 861158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FLADBURY KNIT & NATTER
Everyone welcome to Fladbury Knit & Natter on Tuesday 22 June at 7pm at the Chequers Inn, Fladbury. Just bring yourself, your knitting/crochet and your conversation. For more information, please contact Amy McGann on 07850 075459 – and there will be conversation about…..
THE FLADBURY FLOWCelebrating 100 year
Raising funds for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal 1921 – 2021
To create 10 knitted or crochet poppies for every name listed for the 1st WW and 2nd WW in honour of the 100th anniversary of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal 1921 – 2021
These Poppies will be displayed as a River in the centre of Fladbury, draped from the War Memorial within the churchyard, across the grass and all along the front wall. The Poppies will be on display from 6th November to 21st November 2021. The target is to create approximately 2,340 Knitted and Crochet Poppies and to raise £1 for every Poppy created
To take part….
£1 packs are available containing a knitting and crochet pattern and enough yarn to complete three Poppies. We are planning a few dates where you can learn to knit or crochet FREE OF CHARGE.
Not able to contribute crafting skills? We still need volunteers to help make this happen. So crafters or learners or helpers, please email me, Angela (please put ‘The Fladbury Flow’ in the subject box)
email@example.com or message me on Facebook Messenger or ring 861820 or come to the end of Chequers Lane (near the Green) on Saturday 3 July where you will find a display and information
ANOTHER WORD PUZZLE….
sent in by John Prichard – see how many words you can create from B UEOSHCRR
Rules – the first letter has to be used in each word, minimum of 3 letters per word, each letter can only be used only once in a word, no plurals allowed. Target (in 3 minutes) – Fair 13, Good 20, Very Good 29, Excellent 37
DO YOU DO THESE PUZZLES? It would be interesting to know! Please email me, Jane, or ring 860531
- I now have a list of names of people who need gardening help – but no gardeners! If you know of anyone who would like some part-time gardening work, please let me know. Or if you have gardeners or know any gardeners, perhaps you could ask them if they know of anyone – and please let me, Jane, know – email or ring 860531.
- From Brenda in Charlton – 860341 – I need someone who can put down a few slabs (already have these), a bit of fence painting and one or two odds and ends in the garden. The slabs are for relocating my storage area. And I still have the following well grown plants which need new homes – climbing and dwarf beans, sprouts, courgettes, and just the one zesty King cucumber – all for just a donation for my charity – Kidney Research – thank you.
- From Jenny in Fladbury – 861048 – empty garden composter going free – please ring Jenny for more information or where to collect in Woodward Parks
- Despite the sign on the gate, I have just been informed that Rowlings, in Cropthorne, our local garden centre on the main Pershore to Evesham road, is open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10.30am to 3pm. Nicola tells me they have a few geraniums left, lovely bedding plants and lots of gorgeous perennials!
Someone with “Handyman” skills to support Holland House in Cropthorne on an ad-hoc basis. Typical jobs are putting up shelves, painting, fixing leaky taps and showers, and other ad-hoc repair work. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Holland House is an equal opportunities employer.
And at HOLLAND HOUSE
- Quiet Garden Days at Holland House in Cropthorne, on Thursdays 14 July, 19 August and 16 September, 10am-4pm
- “Reflecting on Lockdown” – an opportunity to share, reflect and learn with Marianne Rankin, an experienced retreat leader, tomorrow Friday 18 June from 10am to 4pm. Cost £30 including lunch and refreshments
For more information and to book, please see www.hollandhouse.org or call 01386 860330
ROADWORKS IN CHARLTON
It seems there could be traffic delays in Charlton, along Yessell Lane and Boston Lane (the road to Evesham) from Monday 21 June for “Evesham Vale Caravan Park to make a connection to the public foul sewer in Boston Lane”, with completion by 30 July. Traffic management during this period of the works will be by 24 hour two way temporary traffic lights. Mary Gisbourne, 861472, lives on the route.
CLEANER WANTED IN WYRE PIDDLE
An experienced cleaner for a 4 bed holiday let is wanted in Wyre Piddle, as and when required, depending on lettings. Please contact Sharon Stock , email email@example.com
SOME DATES TO NOTE…..
- Sunday 20 June – Father’s Day and Cricket Match at Elmley Castle at 2pm
- Monday 21 June – Fladbury Parish Council meeting at 7pm
- Tuesday 22 June – Fladbury Knit & Natter
- Saturday 3 July – Fladbury Flow enrolment
- Sunday 4 July – National “Thank you” – or will it be?
- Every Sunday – see Church news
And KIT welcomes news and information, personal announcements, things for sale or to give away, etc, etc…..
Love Jane X
tel: 860531, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
at 6 Woodward Parks
FLADBURY TENNIS CLUB – please contact me if you would like to come and give us a try –
Michele Protherough – 01386 860123 mobile: 07974387670 email: email@example.com
COMMUNITY TRANSPORT DRIVERS URGENTLY REQUIRED – Interested? then drop in for a chat, we are near to the market in Pershore, phone us on 01386 554299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – website : pershorevolunteers.org.uk
Pershore and District Volunteer Centre, 1 Billing House, Pershore WR10 1EY.
CAFE and PUBS
- Cafe Craycombe is open for meals inside and out from Tuesday to Saturday – booking is advisable – telephone 01386 860732. For other enquiries, please email email@example.com
- The Anchor is open every day from 11.30am for drinking inside and outside – tel: 860391
- The Chequers is open for drinking and eating inside and outside, table service – food Monday-Saturday 12noon-8pm, Sunday 12noon-5pm – tel: 861854
- The Bell at Cropthorne is open every day except Tuesdays. Children welcome. Telephone 01386 861860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ROWLINGS GARDEN CENTRE in Cropthorne, tel: 860793, open Tuesday – Saturday, 10.30am-3pm – from Fladbury, go through Cropthorne, turn left to Evesham, then soon on the left
OXTON ORGANICS At the side of the rough track, beyond the bottom of Broadway Lane, the Cauli Trolley is stocked up with more beautiful produce.
FLADBURY FOOTBALL CLUB – If anyone wants to know more about the Club or is interested in joining, please ring Peter and Mary on 861494
WHEELCHAIR OFFER – a good wheelchair is available for a voluntary donation to charity. If interested, please contact Margaret Carter on 860247
OAKLANDS FRUIT FARM WR10 3JT (tel: 861503) is open for strawberries Monday to Saturday 8am-4.30pm – go through Cropthorne, turn right to Pershore, past Clives, Oaklands is on the right
OCEAN BLUE on Church Street – now open Tuesday to Saturday, tel: 860110 or contact Katie on 07977181001 or www.oceanbluebeautytherapy.co.uk
HOUSES STILL SOUGHT
- We, a young family of 4, want to buy our first family home in Fladbury – please contact us if you know of any property for sale – Gemma & Phil Ryder – phone 07973 843852
- I am hoping to downsize – if anyone has a smaller 2-bedroomed property in Fladbury they are thinking of selling, please let me know Jane, tel: 860531 or email email@example.com
TAKE A WALK through the Fladbury Community Orchard & Nature Reserve and see the blossom – but please avoid walking on the wildflower meadow or in the pond
FLADBURY PLAYERS are seeking new members to join the committee. If you are interested in joining us please contact me, Helen Jones, Fladbury Players Secretary on 07891443428/01386 860352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROUNDABOUT – the charity for furniture donations – needs household items in good condition – staff will collect suitable items. For further information, go to www.roundaboutevesham.org.uk or email email@example.com.
FACEMASKS – Vanessa has a huge variety of facemasks. To order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Vanessa on 01386 860576.
PERSHORE FOODBANK is still in need of donations which can be left in Fladbury and Charlton Church porches. For further information, please contact Christine Farrell 861689 for Fladbury and Julian Hawley 860420 for Charlton.
SCRAP METAL – Will, the scrap metal man, collects metal, including old washing machines and dish washers, pans and microwaves, etc, etc but not fridges, freezers or gas bottles. Requests for free pick-up – mobile 07935478231
BOOKS – now that lockdown is easing, the telephone box library is open again, mainly for paperbacks. If you have any queries, please contact Parish Councillor Sandy Insall on 860909.
At present, the bookstand in the church cannot be used – but watch this space
JAMS AND CHUTNEYS to give away, some well after the best before date but fine – I just don’t eat that much jam and chutney! Please email me, Jane, or ring 860531.
GREETING CARDS – If you get stuck for a greeting card, I have quite a variety of new cards with envelopes, and some recycled, for 50p each or less – Jane 860531.