St John the Baptist in Fladbury
The church of St John the Baptist in Fladbury is located in the village centre. It has been a site of Christian worship since monks settled here in 691AD when Ethelred, King or Mercia, made a grant of land to Oftfor the then Bishop of Worcester. The monks later moved on to found the monastery that became Evesham Abbey. No trace of the early Saxon building remains, the present building dates from the 12th century with only the base of the tower dating back to Norman times. The church was rebuilt in 1340 with significant restorations taking place during Victorian times. The tower has a ring of eight bells which were rehung on a new frame in 1991.
For more information and details of services and activities, please visit the Five Alive parish website.