Friends of Fladbury Open Air Table Top Sale – POSTPONED
It is with regret that the Friends of Fladbury committee have decided that we must postpone the Open Air Table Top sale due to take place on Sunday 27th September.
This decision was taken today following the recent increase in Covid cases and in response to the Government's aim to minimise social contact to protect our population. Whilst we would not be contravening the regulations, we cannot go ahead knowing there may be an increased risk and also putting responsibility for safety on those households who were to have a table top. The event attracted a lot of interest with over 20 households wanting to take part and so it is really sad that we cannot go ahead. Thank you all for your support. We hope to hold the event sometime in the future and we will, of course, keep you informed should a future date or alternative become possible.
Christine Farrell and Lou Bugg for the Friends of Fladbury Committee
Fish & Chips on Thursday – delivered to your door
Text Vicki on 07737 326183 before 1pm on Thursday to order fish & chips or lots of other choices - to be delivered later in the day to your door within 6-miles of Fladbury. September menu attached for this week – new menu for October next week
Lunches delivered to your door on Friday and Sunday
Four All Seasons Catering deliver meals on Sundays and Fridays - £8 for each hot meal, all served with seasonal vegetables and potatoes + desserts on Sundays for £4 each, all served with cream
Friday 25 September - Braised Steak served in a rich gravy with seasonal vegetables and potatoes
Sunday 27 September - Roast leg of Lamb and mint sauce OR Chicken Fillet served with a chasseur sauce and fresh vegetables and potatoes £8 each + Sunday desserts - Treacle and pecan tart OR Blueberry and vanilla baked cheesecake OR Homemade apple pie, all served with fresh cream £4 each.
Friday 2 October - Homemade Steak and Ale Pie served with seasonal fresh vegetables and potatoes
Sunday 4 October - Roast loin of Pork served with apple sauce OR Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding served with fresh vegetables and potatoes + Sunday desserts - Lemon meringue roulade or Honeycombe cheesecake or Homemade bread and butter pudding all served with cream
TO ORDER, contact Carol-Anne and Nigel on 07866 670472
Saturday 26th September - we have two weddings at Fladbury – we wish both couples well – Emily Dickenson and Edward Mobley, and Caprice Lee and James Probert.
Sunday 27th September at 11.00am at St John the Baptist Church, Fladbury – United Parish Morning Service.
Churches open for individual private prayer are:
St John the Baptist, Fladbury – Sunday after the morning service to 4.00pm.
St John the Evangelist, Charlton – Tuesday 10.00am to 4.00pm
St Anne’s, Wyre Piddle – Wednesday 10.00am to 4.00pm
St Thomas’ Moor – Thursday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Revd Sarah and Wardens on behalf of the Five Alive Parish
FLADBURY PARISH COUNCIL
Wrubble Ltd Panning Application - 20/000027/CM
Following our earlier meeting and other discussions, please find attached the Parish Council's response to the above application.
At Monday's PC meeting, Councillor Andrew Hughes presented the proposals for some new traffic calming measures as well as renewing some of those already in place. The proposals included a range of signage, road painted 'dragons' teeth and 30 mph rondels. Although there is general agreement that we do need some measures to help manage the situation, there was a degree of concern over the urbanising effect. Councillor Hughes will present a prioritisation of the proposals for further consideration at the October meeting.
Chair - Ian Southcott - tel: 01386 861061 email: email@example.com
Clerk - Lynne Yapp – phone: 07971 362445 or 01386 552233 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CANNA PLANTS and POPPY SEEDS GALORE FREE....
from Gary Hart as he revamps his colourful garden at 8 Bredon Vale (first bungalow on the right going down Broadway Lane) – please give him a ring on 860222 if you would like some
WANTED - a small secondhand CHEST FREEZER
for the Community Orchard committee to store bee equipment to protect it from wax moth. Please contact Valerie 861260 or John 07776 063252 if you have one available
- 1 pair of hardly worn Skechers beige men’s leather and memory foam wide fit slip on shoes, size 10 - £10
- 1 ladies pale turquoise light padded polyester jacket – new from Bonmarche and never worn – size a smallish 22, reduced from £45 to £20 in the sale – now £10.
Both being sold for a good cause - ring Jane 860531 if interested or email
- Lucy Orchard of The Green emailed “I received a letter from Midlands Air Ambulance yesterday to tell me that we raised £347.40 from the donations for face masks in July. A huge thank you to everyone! I am still making them gently, so if anyone still wants them post them my way” – contact Lucy on 244416
- Hi Fladbury Folk! Do you need matching masks for your household gang? I can make six masks in the same or similar fabric in different sizes so others can see you belong together. I have some stock and a variety of fabrics to choose from. Thank you to the folk coming back for repeat orders. Contact me, Vanessa, on 01386 860576, PM or email@example.com
All these locally-made masks are washable and re-usable and better for the environment than the disposable facemasks.
- Plastic milk bottle TOPS have been collected for a charity which no longer is taking them so please keep them at home for the time being until we find a charity who can use them. Does anyone know of one? Please contact Mary Gisborne 861472 if you can help.
- Empty jars and biscuit tins - preserves jars (for honey, jam, chutney, etc) biscuits tins, plastic chocolate boxes available from 6 Woodward Parks before going in the recycling bins – email me, Jane, or ring 860531
- Books – paperback books are available in the old telephone box near the bus shelter in Station Road. Hardback books can be taken to St Richard’s Hospice Charity Shop in High Street, Evesham, where there is a very good (secondhand) book shop in the basement. Books are received from 10am on a Wednesday – the earlier you go the better because they have to refuse them when storage gets too full. There is a back entrance for car deliveries.
- Revd Sarah Dangerfield – phone 861669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fladbury Parish Council Chair Ian Southcott – phone 861061 or email email@example.com
- Friends of Fladbury Lou Bugg – phone 07968 252847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
and please let me have any news or information you wish to share – or perhaps another Quiz – or just be touch!
Love Jane X
telephone 860531, email email@example.com