In this week’s KIT – Advent – Light up Fladbury! * Christmas Lunch to order * TIER TWO RULES AT THE END
Advent, preparing for Christmas – light up Fladbury!
Already several houses have shown us the way with lights twinkling - thank you! From Advent Sunday, Friends of Fladbury hope more and more lights will appear, including on Christmas trees – and candles to count in front windows. Still available....
Advent Candles – a few gold-dated white ones left - £3 each
Battery-operated Candles for window sills - £1.50 each, 2-AA batteries - £1
Advent Calendars – start opening on Tuesday 1 December – a few remaining, with envelopes for posting - £3 each -- all above available from the porch of 6 Woodward Parks. Please ring me, Jane, on 860531 to check I’m in – more likely than not!
Brownie Advent Calendar – attached! Created by Fladbury Brownies – one for us all!
On-line Advent Calendar - www.traidcraftexchange.org/injustice-advent-calendar - overcoming injustice in the world
Lunches on Friday and Sunday – and Christmas Day! Delivered to your door by Four All Seasons Catering on Sundays and Fridays – all main courses £9 each, all served with seasonal vegetables and potatoes + desserts on Sundays for £4 each, all served with cream.
Friday 27 November - Chicken fillet served in a creamy asparagus sauce served with fresh vegetables and potatoes
Sunday 29 November - Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding OR Roast loin of Pork served with apple sauce, both served with fresh vegetables and potatoes - £9 each meal + Sunday desserts - Chocolate and orange torte OR Homemade bramley apple pie OR Treacle and pecan nut tart, all served with cream - £4 each
Friday 4 December - Homemade steak and ale pie served with fresh vegetables and potatoes
CHRISTMAS DAY - We have had quite a few bookings for Christmas Day this week. Please could you make your orders by Tuesday 15 December? Full payment required before Thursday 17 December please. The menu is.....
Starter - Smoked salmon and Greenland prawn platter OR Melon trio with raspberry coulee
Main Course - Roast Worcestershire Turkey served with piggy blankets and apricot seasoning
OR Roast Beef and burgundy jus OR vegetarian Mushroom, Brie and cranberry wellington - all served with a medley of fresh vegetables
Dessert - Christmas pudding and homemade brandy sauce OR Homemade cherry and kirsch chocolate torte OR Caramel profiterole and biscoff cheesecake
Cost per person - £39
TO ORDER any of the above, please contact us - Carol-Anne and Nigel on 07866 670472
Fish & Chips on Thursday – delivered to your door
Text Vicki on 07737 326183 before 1pm on Thursday to order fish & chips or lots of other choices - to be delivered later in the day to your door within 6-miles of Fladbury. November menu attached
from me, David Miller, to the Chairman of Cropthorne Parish Council, Bob Innis, for accompanying me at the wreath laying in Cropthorne Churchyard on Remembrance Sunday, 8 |November. It was much appreciated
Fladbury Village Hall
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Fladbury Village Hall Committee invite you to attend their AGM, which will be held via Zoom, on Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 7.30pm. If you would like to attend the meeting please email Jane Davies, Treasurer, Jane.firstname.lastname@example.org . We will send you access details nearer to the day of the meeting.
If you are not able to attend the Zoom meeting but would like to email any comments, questions, suggestions or offers of help, including being a new committee member, could we please ask you to email Jane Davies in advance of the meeting so that we can include them on our agenda.
Fladbury Parish Council
Due to the proximity of Christmas, the last PC meeting of 2020 will take place on Monday, December 14th at 7.00 pm. Please ask the clerk for the Zoom link - email@example.com
Ian Southcott - Chair, Tel: 861061 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Praying Together on Sunday (at home)” – prayers and a short reflection for this Sunday are available from www.five-alive.co.uk; or Carole on 860389
- Fladbury Church will be open on Sunday for individual private prayer between 10.00am and 4.00pm.
- Public worship resumes on Sunday 6th December with a Service of Holy Communion at 11.00am in Fladbury Church
- Pershore Foodbank – please put donations in the box in Fladbury Church porch. Non-perishable foods, Christmas goodies, household essentials and toiletries (not sprays) are all welcome. If you are unable to get to the church porch, please contact Emma Stroud on 07861 804827 who will collect goods from your door on Saturday 5 December
- Caring Hands in Evesham – Emma will also welcome and collect sleeping bags, blankets, backpacks, etc, for those in need
- The Duchenne Family Support Group – attractive Christmas cards and bargain Yankee candles for sale in Fladbury – please ring Denise Paxford on 860901
- Charity Christmas cards and gifts – if you would like information or help in purchasing these by mail order, please contact Jane on 860531. Charity cards for sale in Fladbury next week
- Lady’s Golf bag with 12 clubs, irons and woods – as new – offers in the region of £100 – for more information and to arrange a viewing, please ring Roz McKay 860627
- Table Tennis Table – improved notice – Slazenger, full size, folding, on wheels, with cover, bats, balls, net and paper work – for indoor and outdoor use - as good as new (bought in error) - £120. For more information, please ring Jane Bugg 860531
For give away.....
- 4-piece brass fireside companion set free to a good home (photo attached) – contact Richard Sims – email: email@example.com or phone 07833115719
- Still available - 1 small cupboard with drawers and shelves and 1 similar cupboard with display cabinet on top. Also 1 double bed and mattress. Please ring Pearl on 861225 to arrange a viewing
- Free to a good home – internal door with handle – not painted. If interested, please ring 860341
- Baby Spider plants, ready for potting, waiting in my porch – please ring me, Jane 860531
Preparing for Christmas
- Facemasks – Christmas patterns, all sizes – just bought a super holly one - available from Vanessa Tofield – please contact her on Messenger, telephone 01386 860576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christmas meats and cheese – order now from Fladbury Pies & Sausages – ring 860228
- Hair and beauty treatments - Pelo Bonito 860110 and Ocean Blue 07977181001 are closed in lockdown but ring now for Christmas appointments
- Christmas gifts for beauty can be ordered and wrapped, posted or delivered from Ocean Blue on-line shop - www.oceanbluebeautytherapy.co.uk or phone 07977181001
- Mini Christmas cakes, gift wrapped, from £6 - to order, ring Hilary Harris on 860509 asap
- Fladbury Apple Juice 2020 – light and fresh - £2.50 a bottle from 6 Woodward Parks – please ring Jane to order – 860531
- Christmas Cards for The Duchenne Family Support Group – please ring Denise Paxford on 860901 who also has a few bargain Yankee candles
- Charity Christmas cards and gifts – if you would like information or help in purchasing these by mail order, please contact Jane on 860531
Holland House in Cropthorne
Ian Spencer, the Warden, emailed “here's a link to our updated Events page. If you click
on it you can enjoy a scroll (a sort of on-line stroll!) and see if anything takes your fancy -
Virtual events from
Worcestershire’s libraries are hosting a series of free online events providing opportunities for residents to meet safely online with like-minded people and have some fun during lockdown and beyond.
Connect Bubbles - Join us online via Zoom where our knowledgeable and friendly library staff will be on hand as you connect with others to explore a wide range of activities from knitting to poetry and from art to crime novels or photography. Here’s a list of our Bubbles with dates and times so why not give one (or more!) of them a try:
- Friday 27th November, 1.30pm - 2.30pm
Cultural Exchange Bubble - Monday 30th November, 2pm - 3pm
Art Bubble - Tuesday 1st December, 11am - 12pm
Poetry Bubble - Wednesday 9th December, 7pm
Children's Book Bubble - Thursday 10th December, 10am - 11am
Do you have a passion? Local history, gardening or vegan cooking? We welcome suggestions from anyone interested in setting up or being supported to set up their own library Bubble on different topics; just get in touch at librariesHQ@worcestershire.gov.uk
For more information on all our online events visit the Worcestershire Libraries Eventbrite or call 01905 822722 for more details.
Please keep in touch! and remember – it is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.....
Love Jane X
Tel: 860531, Email: email@example.com
PS Just heard and read that Worcestershire is in Tier two (high) – the rules are.....
- In tier two you can’t socialise indoors with anyone you do not live with, or who is not in your support bubble
- You can meet in a group of up to six outside – including in a garden, or a public place
- Shops, gyms and personal care services (such as hairdressing) can reopen (if Covid-secure)
- Pubs and bars can only open if they serve substantial meals. Alcohol can be served with that meal
- Sports can resume with up to 2,000 spectators or 50% capacity (whichever is smaller)
- Collective worship, weddings and outdoor sports can resume (with restrictions)
- Non-essential foreign travel allowed, subject to quarantine rules