Fish & Chips on Thursday – and more!
Text Vicki on 07737 326183 before 1pm on Thursday to order fish & chips or lots of other choices - to be delivered later in the day to your door within 6-miles of Fladbury. See attached the latest menu for Thursdays during July.
Lunches delivered to your door
Only two people responded to Carol-Anne about the meal delivery service and they want it to continue! So Four All Seasons Catering will continue to deliver meals, at least until the end of September for sure, on Sundays and Fridays – but not on Wednesdays – and there will be a choice of roasts - £8 each - and a choice of desserts on Sundays - £4 each
Friday 31 July - Homemade Steak and Ale Pie served with fresh vegetables
Sunday 2 August - Roast Leg of Lamb served with mint sauce and fresh vegetables £8 + Homemade Fruit and Apple Crumble or Lemon Meringue Roulade and cream, both at £4 each
Friday 7 August - Chicken chasseur
Sunday 9 August - Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding OR Roast loin of Pork and apple sauce – each roast dinner £8 + Homemade Apple Pie OR Forest Fruit and vanilla Cheesecake OR Chocolate Truffle Torte - £4 each
To order, contact Carol-Anne and Nigel on 07866 670472
- We are very pleased to have a Service of Holy Communion at Fladbury Church on Sunday at 11.00am. This will be the first Holy Communion in this parish since lockdown. We shall follow the guidance of the national church.
- St John’s will remain open after the service until 4.00pm for individual private prayer.
- St Anne’s Church Wyre Piddle is open on Wednesdays for individual private prayer from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
In both churches, hand sanitiser is provided by the door and available seats are marked. We hope you’ll feel welcome to come to spend time in quiet reflection.
Sarah, on behalf of Parish Wardens and Wardens
Fladbury Cricket Club
Last Saturday’s rain interrupted game at Bidford resulted in a 4 wicket victory for Fladbury in a very close finish. On Sunday, in another game with a tense finish, Ilmington claimed victory by 1 wicket.
This weekend Fladbury play host to Old Vigornians in a 40 over game on Sunday starting at 2pm.
Happily there is now a toilet open in the pavilion for the duration of all cricket matches. Our thanks to the Parish Council for allowing this facility.
Pete Sudlow 860335
Face Masks – made in Fladbury!
· Vanessa Tofield of the Chantry makes designer face masks – for more details and to order, email email@example.com or call 01386 860576
· Lucy Orchard of 4 The Green has lots of plain and colourful facemasks she has made – contact Lucy on tel: 01386 244416 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oxton Cauli Stand beyond the bottom of Broadway Lane is managed by Sam Jackson – tel: 860477. Lots of organic veg and fresh flowers for sale. See the attached photos.
- Rowlings Garden Centre, Cropthorne, on the left-hand-side on the Cropthorne to Evesham Road, are open this week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday lst August from 10.30am to 4pm and then ARE ON HOLIDAY UNTIL SEPTEMBER when they will have fresh and plenty supplies of spring bulbs, pansies and violas etc, etc. Call this week for those few extra summer plants or ring to make an appointment – 860793. It’s outdoor shopping with plenty of parking space! Thanks to all the family for helping us with our gardens and village tubs – and all good wishes to them for a good staycation holiday!
- Fladbury Pies and Sausages – tel: 860228 – have pies and sausage tolls, chops, sausages and joints, coleslaw, cheese and eggs and a few groceries – coffee, sugar, tea, sauces, condiments, pasta, tinned rice pudding, etc, etc - and they deliver. Ring to order or visit all day on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays or mornings only on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Pelo Bonito Hairdressers and Ocean Blue Beauty Therapy on Church Street, Fladbury are open – ring 860110 to book an appointment
- Cafe Craycombe serves breakfast and lunch from Tuesdays to Saturdays – best to book by ringing 860732
- The Chequers Inn - telephone 861854 – takes bookings for drinks and for food
- Oaklands on the right-hand-side of the main road from Cropthorne to Wick, have fabulous strawberries and raspberries for sale – open every day from Monday to Saturday 8am-4.30pm – telephone 01386 861503
Several people have been bothered by scams, perhaps to do with banking or online shopping or telephone services.
- Roy Stevens of Charlton says if you have any suspicions about requests to pay for your TV licence, apart from the official letter to the over 75s due in August, do ring him for a chat about it – tel: 861735. Emails or telephone calls could be scams.
- Jacky Easter of Lower Moor has had a phone call, purportedly from Severn Trent, advising of "problems in your area" but then inviting her to "press button
one" for further information. Don’t! This is a scam. Jacky says “Please advise everyone you know, especially the elderly”
Well, keeping in touch isn’t a scam – please let me know if you have any problems with it! And do let me know of any non-scam information you think would be helpful to others.
Love Jane X
Tel: 860531, email: email@example.com